It is with a heavy heart that I write to you this morning. We were incredibly happy and excited to start the process of inviting more children back from Monday starting with reception classes. Our school site have worked incredibly hard to prepare the school. However at 9.30pm last night I received an email stating the following:
The Director of Public Health has advised all schools in Blackburn with Darwen to delay their wider opening until at least 22 June in response to the regional rise in the R rate. Therefore we unfortunately will not be starting our phased opening from Monday 8th June as planned.
Consequently we will moving the start back again and will not be opening to Reception classes until it is safe to do so. We will continue to be open for our agreed key worker and vulnerable children on the days agreed earlier this week.