Welcome to the PTFA section
The Redeemer PTFA is a great way for you as a parent/guardian or friend of the school to become more involved and gives you a chance to get more closely acquainted and feel a part of your child/grandchild will spend their primary education. As a parent/guardian you automatically become a member of the PTFA and are welcome to attend all meetings and events.
Fundraising is an important part of the PFTA's job and the committee is keen to hear new ideas for interesting ways to help raise income.
We organise a variety of fun events for students, parents, staff and the wider community including fashion events, discos, summer fairs and many more.
We have regular coffee mornings after Friday's worship for all parents and family alike to have a chat and a brew. Members of the community are on hand to answer any questions or listen to any ideas you might have and they can bring them to our formal meetings, should you not be able to attend.
Meet the PTFA Team
Nicola Robinson - Chair
Nicola has two children attending the Redeemer in years 2 and 4. She has been an active member of the PTFA for a number of years and was elected Chair in June 2019.
Isobel Paterson - Treasurer
Isobel also has two children attending the Redeemer in Years 4 and 5. She is well established in the role of Treasurer which she has held for 3 years.
Sarah Phillipson - Secretary
Sarah has been with the PTFA since 2014 and Secretary since 2015. She currently has a son in Year 4 and a daughter in Year 5.
Karen Jones - Volunteer Coordinator
Karen has twins in Year 4 and has been actively involved in the PTFA since they began at the Redeemer.
Louise Robinson - Communications Officer
Louise currently has a daughter in Year 4 and is the newest member of the present PTFA committee.
Our Aim for 2019-2020
Our main focus at present is to raise funds to provide all classes with adequate access to iPads to enhance their work and learning. The iPads will also eventually enable the children to communicate their work back to their parents/carers; the idea being to further strengthen the bonds in learning between school and home.
The funds raised by the PTFA also provide year on year book bags for new starters, contribute funds towards the Year 6 leavers event, provide transport to events and new equipment for school to name but a few.
Your input really does make a huge difference.
We always welcome new ideas and input and would be delighted if you could get involved in any way.
Please do attend our meetings which are held regularly and alternating between afternoon and evening to try to make them accessible to as many parents/guardians as possible.
- We are also contactable via our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have the black post box located in the school office area. Whilst there please do view the PTFA notice board opposite for more information and details of recent events and activities.
- Coffee mornings are held by the PTFA after Friday Worship.
- You can also chat with us face to face as many of us are in the school yard at drop off and pick up times.
Key Dates for Your Diary
We already have a number of events planned for this academic year for both children and for parents and hope you are able to support some of them:
- Crazy Copper Challenge – running from 6th September – 14th October.
- Macmillan coffee afternoon (proceeds go toward Macmillan) – 27th September.
- Autumn Light Disco – 17th October.
- 50/50 Club – all entries must be in before 14th November.
- Chocolate tasting Evening – 1st November.
- Valentine’s Disco – 13th February.
- Easter Bingo – 27th March.
- Summer Fair - 26th June (Friday) 3-6pm.
- Summer Disco – 16th July.
More details on all of the above will be sent out in due course.