The Redeemer School Council
The Redeemer School Council is made up of two representatives from each year group. These representatives in September presented to their class the reasons why they should be elected to represent their fellow students. Following these presentations, members of the different classes had the chance to go to the polls to vote for their ideal candidate. The main aim of The Redeemer School Council is to gather, promote and represent their fellow student's voices.
The School Council will:
- Attend regular School Council meetings to represent their class to discuss a range of topics.
- Feedback to their class about what has been discussed at these meetings and regularly collect the views and opinions of their peers to present at school council meetings.
- Organise, promote and raise money for local causes and charities
- Be ambassadors for The Redeemer Primary School and proudly wear their school council badge at all times.
This year we will be focusing on:
- Improving the outdoor experiences at playtime and dinnertime
- Raising money to put towards school equipment and resources
- Presenting to the Senior Leadership Team on different ways we could improve school life.
Active Travel Programme
Active Travel Week
28.03.22 - 01.04.22
During this week The Redeemer School Council will be helped to lead a Healthy Travel to School promotion as a partnership between school and Blackburn with Darwen Council’s Connect Project and we hope that as many families as possible will participate and travel to school in a healthy and sustainable way.
The modes of transport we would like to encourage are:
- Car sharing
- Park and Stride
- Public transport
If it is essential to travel by car, to support the promotion, please park the car a short distance away from school and walk the rest of the way.
All pupils will be given a passport and it will be stamped every time they travel by waking or cycling to school by their School Councillor.
After the Active Travel week there will be a presentation assembly and certificates and badges will be given to all children who have fully participated in the promotion and there will also be a prize draw with all the completed passports.
Active Travel School Programme
In the Spring term, The Redeemer School Councillors will be helping to lead the Active Travel School Programme, The Active School Travel Programme is an exciting initiative for schools who wish to see more of their pupils choosing an active and healthy journey to school.
Increasing the number of children who regularly walk, cycle, or scoot to school has numerous benefits including:
- increased physical activity levels resulting in improved health and wellbeing
- reduced congestion and pollution around schools
- improved academic performance and attendance rates
- increased road safety awareness
- increased confidence, self-esteem, and independence for young people.